LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 17th, 2024, 9:02 pm

Post subject: '81 Ibanez Musician
PostPosted: July 14th, 2022, 7:47 pm 

Lots going on, so I haven't had time to post more than the odd comment here.

In April I scored this killer MC-924. I have wanted one ever since I got hooked on The Police as a wee lad. This has been a dream bass for me. I'm relieved that it absolutely kills, and I love playing it. I've never seen one in real life except for an upside down one that a buddy of mine had a couple years ago. The active mode really screams. I think I like it better than the passive sounds from this bass. Neck is chunky and fun to play. Paulo here was kind enough to point me toward finding a case as well.

Thanks yet again Paulo :mrgreen:

Anyway, enough of my babbling. Here it is.

www.twitter.com/ReallyMattRoss

Penguins is practically chickens.

Post subject: Re: '81 Ibanez Musician
PostPosted: July 14th, 2022, 11:54 pm 

Who would think... that an Ibanez would be one of the Holy Grails in Bassdom!? They're a sleeper of a company; I have always enjoyed the basses I've had, and currently have, that are made by Ibanez...

PostPosted: July 15th, 2022, 2:06 am 

fivebass52 wrote:
Who would think... that an Ibanez would be one of the Holy Grails in Bassdom!? They're a sleeper of a company; I have always enjoyed the basses I've had, and currently have, that are made by Ibanez...

These were among THE basses that gave good ol' Fender a run for their money in the late 1970s and early 1980s, and they were all Japanese: the Aria Pro II SB-series (specifically the SB-1000), the Yamaha BB series (and in particular the BB3000) and the Ibanez Musician series. All were very modern for their time, with neck-through-body, sophisticated active electronics (with the exception of the BB, but there was an active BB3000A) and beautifully crafted with good ergonomics. Many big players of that era could be seen rocking one of these 8-)

I have a real weak spot for all of these. I've owned an SB-1000, and I've had THREE MC924's of which I still own one that I will never part with, from my year of birth (1983, it's just one month younger than me!). They're still in my avatar picture <----
My last 1981 now lives with Paulo in Boston until he foolishly decides to sell it AGAIN and goes looking for another :P

PostPosted: July 15th, 2022, 5:45 pm 

Jeroen wrote:
fivebass52 wrote:

These were among THE basses that gave good ol' Fender a run for their money in the late 1970s and early 1980s, and they were all Japanese: the Aria Pro II SB-series (specifically the SB-1000), the Yamaha BB series (and in particular the BB3000) and the Ibanez Musician series. All were very modern for their time, with neck-through-body, sophisticated active electronics (with the exception of the BB, but there was an active BB3000A) and beautifully crafted with good ergonomics. Many big players of that era could be seen rocking one of these 8-)

I have a real weak spot for all of these. I've owned an SB-1000, and I've had THREE MC924's of which I still own one that I will never part with, from my year of birth (1983, it's just one month younger than me!). They're still in my avatar picture <----
My last 1981 now lives with Paulo in Boston until he foolishly decides to sell it AGAIN and goes looking for another :P

Paulo - Don't Do It! :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: July 16th, 2022, 7:36 am 

I guess I’m stuck with this one for a good while, I don’t want to be looking for another one all over again :lol:
Matt’s bass is not homeless anymore, it has the original case to keep it in when in rest! Glad to help and congrats!