LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:33 pm

Post subject: Spector Euro 5 Lefty For Sale
PostPosted: July 25th, 2020, 6:48 pm 

Hello there Lefty Brothers, Sisters, and Non-Binary Siblings.

Yes, I am listing my Left-Handed, Emerald Green, Spector Euro 5 (neck through body) with original case from the start of the millennium! This one owner bass has a great story.

I worked for years on the supply side of the Music Instrument industry. 20 years ago I visited the Spector booth at NAMM. My buddy Todd (then a rep for Spector) introduced me to Stuart Spector, the founder. It was an honor to meet him, we talked basses and trade show stuff. Stuart is a very humble and interesting person to talk with. Eventually I asked if he had any Lefty 5 string basses in the booth? No such luck but Stuart said he had a new Lefty Cech-made 5 string sitting in his office and had no idea if he could ever sell it, it’s emerald green! I was super excited and loved the idea of having a color that was “non- standard.” I asked Stuart if he would autograph the bass for me, he declined and said there is a decal of his signature on the Cech basses, he would only sign a USA made instrument. I thanked him, and we agreed to follow up after the trade show.

A week or so after the trade show the bass shows up at my house. I fell in love with the color immediately - Emerald green with gold hardware. Gorgeous!! Then I saw the back of the headstock. Stuart Spector added his signature in black marker!!!!! This is not a decal but a wonderful added touch from a true bass innovator.

While this story does not drive the value of the instrument to extraordinary levels, it does make the bass unique including that it is a lefty. You won’t find many of these basses in the used market.

This is a player’s bass. I gigged with it. There are a few belt scratches on the back, the gold finish now has a bit of patina, but overall it is in truly amazing shape and plays wonderfully. The finish is still beautiful, and it polishes up well. No chips or dings besides the minor belt scratch. It comes with the original wood/tolex case (slightly scraped up from use). The case sports the iconic Spector brand logo as well. I have done my best to photo document any imperfection.

It came with EMG pick-ups and one of the early “tone pump circuits” as a 2-band active EQ. The electronics were distorting the signal, so I removed the tone pump circuit. I was always a big fan of EMG’s direct into my preamps, just volume, volume, tone. A year or two later, my friend Todd sent one of the Aguilar OBP-1 circuits which still lives in the case, I never installed it.

It has been years since I gigged this regularly, and though still writing music, the time has come to move some of the instruments in my stable. This bass has fostered a lot of great music and should be played more often by someone who will carry its cool mojo forward. You could be the one to harness the earthshaking tone of the Green 5. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Here is a link to the Reverb listing with a ton of photos: https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=Le ... 20Euro%205

I will be happy sell to a board member here for $1400.00 US (delivered) to the continental 48 states only. I'm not interested in selling or shipping internationally. Thanks for looking!