LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 10:25 pm

Post subject: Warwick Family Pic
PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 6:29 am 

Recent family pic of my Warwick collection all German. Just love em..

Attachments:
wics10.jpg
wics10.jpg [ 203.46 KiB | Viewed 10442 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Warwick Family Pic
PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 8:29 am 

Loving those Thumbs and Streamers! Especially the Stage II. Not a fan of the Corvette / FNA bodyshape.
What's that Streamer to the far left?

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 9:06 am 

There's a VERY nice looking german Streamer Jazzman for sale on basschat UK in case you guys havent seen it

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/36318-big-l ... p__1769738

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 10:25 am 

Thumb,

That's an awesome collection you got here! I think someday I'll get myself one of those Streamers.
Which one is your main player?

As to the Streamer on basschat, personally I always freak out when I see a bass with no Strings on. I think it is a big red flag. Anyone selling a bass with a picture of it with no strings must be ignorant from the fact that a bass left with no strings on, and the truss rod under tension, for an extended period will eventually have a warped neck.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 11:46 am 

The guy says he only did that for the picture, because it better shows the bass.
It's a custom shop model, with an ebony fingerboard instead of wenge and a few other custom features. He wanted to make that stand out more.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 12:25 pm 

Jeroen wrote:
The guy says he only did that for the picture, because it better shows the bass.
It's a custom shop model, with an ebony fingerboard instead of wenge and a few other custom features. He wanted to make that stand out more.

What jeroen said 8-)
If you look at the pics he has on flickr you can tell its been well taken care of.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 2:13 pm 

oops! It's ll teach me not to only look at the pictures...

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 3:29 pm 

Far left 2010 Special Limited (only for USA) ebony board, 1” thick California Redwood burl top and swamp ash body, 3 band Bartolini preamp and Bartolini pickups.

Next 2004 Streamer Stage II with active EMG pickups and 3 band Seymour Duncan preamp with push/pull slap contour.

Next Limited 2010 Corvette Neck Through multi laminate neck of ekanga and maple into a swamp ash body with ziricote top and matching headstock. 3 band active MEC preamp and active MEC soapbars with phase switching.

Next Corvette Jazzman 2005 stock 3 band preamp and passive MEC preamp.

Next Thumb neck through 1995 not sure yet what preamp to put in but currently running active EMG pickups and EMG BQC control preamp but mids too hot I have an Audere to try but might go with Seymour Duncan again it’s my favorite combo.

Next 2004 Thumb neck through lined fretless with stock MEC active pickups and active 3 band preamp but customized side markers and neck work all done by Gary Brawer in San Francisco.

Most have Hipshot Ultralites it fixes 99% of any neck dive issues and they kick ass. If I could only have one bass it would be #2 Streamer Stage II it is an all-around beast.

I have other basses. Zon, 2 Spectors and a Warrior all my babies. Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 4:07 pm 

Nice collection! If you ever want to trade one of them for a Stingray5 or a Stingray4 fretless, let me know! :)

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 6:57 pm 

Thumb, thats an amazing collection. They look absolutely fantastic!! Just one question: When can i visit? ;)

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 10:24 pm 

For real anytime your out my way west of Philly let me know. There is another member here that lives in Jersey Leftysphere and we get together like once every 5-6 months for a "bass day" he brings like 4-5 insane basses MTDs, Minnieweather, Skjold, Roscoe and we sit for hours plying each others basses and wrapping and playing. Done it a couple times and it's great hours go by so fast it's like a time machine. If your around let me know it's great to play other nice lefty basses as we never get to play anything in stores so it's a real great time to have like 15-20 ridiculous left hand instruments in one place to try. I have some real great amplification to hear them through as well.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2012, 11:54 pm 

thumbslam wrote:
For real anytime your out my way west of Philly let me know. There is another member here that lives in Jersey Leftysphere and we get together like once every 5-6 months for a "bass day" he brings like 4-5 insane basses MTDs, Minnieweather, Skjold, Roscoe and we sit for hours plying each others basses and wrapping and playing. Done it a couple times and it's great hours go by so fast it's like a time machine. If your around let me know it's great to play other nice lefty basses as we never get to play anything in stores so it's a real great time to have like 15-20 ridiculous left hand instruments in one place to try. I have some real great amplification to hear them through as well.

This is probably the "Only" time it sucks to live in Hawaii, and not be able to take up thumbslam's offer! Would love to pack up some basses and hit his "Bass Day" some time....

PostPosted: August 21st, 2012, 7:30 am 

thumbslam wrote:

That's a great idea! I would definitely drive 1.5-2hrs from Brooklyn for this. We should start a new thread and see if we get a few more East Coast folks interested!

PostPosted: August 21st, 2012, 8:27 am 

thumbslam wrote:

Image x 1,000,000³

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2012, 5:03 am 

I would be up for a get together. I am in NYC all the time, and Philly is not far at all from DC, so it would be a doable drive. I don't have much, just my American deluxe jazz, but it would be fun to check it all out, and learn a few things from players who have been playing much longer than I.

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2012, 7:38 am 

velalv wrote:
I would be up for a get together. I am in NYC all the time, and Philly is not far at all from DC, so it would be a doable drive. I don't have much, just my American deluxe jazz, but it would be fun to check it all out, and learn a few things from players who have been playing much longer than I.

Vela, Thumb,
I opened a new thread abt a get together, would be great if you guys can post there as well so we fet the ball rolling!

PostPosted: October 27th, 2012, 3:47 pm 

Hey Joe, did you get that Streamer LX from Graves? I drooled over that one myself.