LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:22 am

Post subject: My Basses...
PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 9:46 am 

Howdy all... I'm new here, so I thought I'd share some pictures with everyone.

My Current Collection:

USA Lakland Joe Osborn 5-String... translucent butterscotch blonde, quarter-sawn rock maple neck, swamp ash body, rw fingerboard with birdseye dots, passive Lindy Frahlin p'ups, stacked 2-knob, tortoise-shell guard. Brian at Lakland told me that it's the only one like it.

USA Lakland 55-94... swamp ash body, curly (quilted) maple top, bird's eye maple board, quarter-sawn rock maple neck, tobacco-burst (vintage two-tone) finish, Bart p'ups and pre-amp.

In action...

MM SR4... SER# L000084. Swamp ash body, natural satin finish (now discontinued), RW board, stock 3-band electronics.

'96 Fender MIJ Jazz Bass (50th Anniversary Edition) with Fender Custom Shop p'ups... I still have all the stock electronics, but they didn't sound the greatest. I wanted to keep it all "Fender" so I bought the custom shop stuff... sounds much better.

Warmoth Un-lined Fretless Jazz Copy... early 90's neck and body. It had all Fender electronics and hardware from an early 90's MIJ Jazz bass I butchered when I was young and stupid, but I recently changed everything out. It now has a Badass II bridge, Hipshot Ultra-Lites with a Drop-D, and SD Antiquity II p'ups... this thing literally sounds like a DREAM now, and, with any luck, I'll someday own a 5-string fretless that sounds EXACTLY like it.

A Couple of Basses I Used to Own...

Warwick Thumb NT 5-String... I have to be honest here. This bass sounded KILLER. I used it to record a couple of albums... but it was the most finicky and difficult bass to play I ever owned. There wasn't anything "wrong" with it, and the new owner loves it, so it must have just been me. Either way, I'm glad it's gone because it helped me finance my Laklands wich I LOVE.

In action...

MM SR5... like my 4-string, this was one of the first lefty basses they made in the early 90's. Can't remember the SER#, though. I sold it to a really nice guy in France who seemed to love it, although I think I saw it for sale recently on Arni's website with the original all black guard on it. I actually kind of miss this one... I'm glad it went to a good home.

Hope you enjoyed my show-off time!!!

:D

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

Post subject: Re: My Basses...
PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 9:55 am 
Site Admin

Man, great collection! Welcome to the board. There's a few of us here that are Lakland fans too. :D

PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 10:10 am 

Thanks man!

I'll try to get some better pics taken of the JoBo5, and post 'em up later.

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: June 15th, 2009, 2:34 pm 

That's only the second lefty Joe Osborn 5-string I've ever seen - and the other one is owned by a board member too. Great collection!

PostPosted: July 21st, 2009, 11:41 am 

Yep, that would be me... :)