LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:10 am

Post subject: PhotoFucket... Bucket....
PostPosted: June 14th, 2021, 5:06 pm 

PhotoBucket has been harassing me for the several years, to buy a monthly plan so my photos can still me seen in forums, and wherever I post, like Craigslist etc. They were asking far too much, and for awhile, there was a work-around provided by a forum member that worked. Then, Photobucket put a watermark on the pictures... I suppose it was only a matter of time when they would put a lock on access, and my pictures would no longer be seen.

So today, they sent me a semi-threatening email, saying they were going to cut me off from my account, if I didn't sign up for a monthly rate. keep in mind that a couple of years ago, they were asking for something like $15 a month... Today I locked in a $5 monthly rate... I can live with that. I just have too many pictures, on this forum alone, that I want members to see, rather than the familiar "picture not available" image...

I've also decided to pay for YouTube Premium ($11/99 per month)... I just do too much listening/learning/posting these days, and the ads really get in the way when you're trying to listen to playlist, or watch an extended video/movie... other than these two monthlies, I have NO Amazon Prime, Hulu Netflix, Spotify, Pandora etc... if I paid for all these "convenient" services, I'd be out more than $100-or-more a month! It's the tech-age of nickel-and-diming you to death...

You have to pick your battles more than ever these days... :D

Post subject: Re: PhotoFucket... Bucket....
PostPosted: June 15th, 2021, 1:03 am 

I never bothered to close my Photobucket account, but I don't use it anymore because of their limited bandwidth and watermarks. I've started using the attachment function of this forum (and others) more. Sorry Andrew! ;)

Post subject: Re: PhotoFucket... Bucket....
PostPosted: June 16th, 2021, 12:18 am 
Site Admin

No problem, attach away. :D