LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 7:24 am

Post subject: Re: 1994 Jackson Futura EX Lefty
PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 10:37 pm 

Now the auction ran up again BEFORE i had actually recieved a pay strike, so i was basicly still entitled to the item during the time he uploaded the same auction again

I assume someone else won against me bidding for it again

I propably sound bitter, but when youve won an auction for a bass that i've been looking for years and thn i cant actually pay for it, while someone else bidding on it again while i was still entitled to it is quite frustrating

Feels like someone taking your baby from you :( :cry:

I am sure you'd understand!

PostPosted: February 20th, 2012, 11:58 pm 

you could have left this private, but since you brought it here, I feel NO sympathy for ya brother....

...why are you PMing me? I'm not the seller and you say you tried to get his paypal info? Are you fucking nuts?
I have been on ebay for over 10 years and never, EVER do I have to ask how to pay. I get notified as the buyer, I log-in and pay..simple as that. OR - I watch the auction end, and pay for it, as simple as that.
I get notified by ebay to pay as well by email and ebay message and there has NEVER EVER been a time where it does not have the yellow button in the email that says PAY NOW. Nor does any auction I win NOT have a green bar that says I won - PAY NOW-- I pay, it gets shipped, simple as that. I only interact with sellers if it needs to go to a different address or I want it shipped a certain way.

For whatever reason YOU could not pay him is your business and telling ebay you "could not get a hold of the seller" is NOT going to get your strike removed, nor will it allow you to re-bid on an item without the seller blocking your bid or cancelling it and giving it to the next in line at his discretion.

I emailed TJ and asked why he relisted it on the 14th, dude, the auction ended on FEb 5th.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 12:11 am 

ALSO, are you in the USA?
if not, then maybe you can't read?
Where does it say ships worldwide?

Shipping and handling
Item location: Florida, United States
Shipping to: United States
Change country:

Shipping and handling
To
Service
Estimated delivery*
US $29.99
United States
Standard Shipping
Within 5-9 business days

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 12:48 am 

When i mentioned "paypal info" i of course refered to the email to his account for the transfer, what else did you think? Calm down.

I actually asked in beforehand if international shipping was fine, i recieved a positive reply.

As he hadnt actually filled in international shipping in the availlabillity it doesnt allow me to send money through "pay now" therefore it usually works to just transfer over to his account from mine, this was how it was done through a previous auction with him.

Every time i asked for the paypal email, i didnt recieve a reply on my direct question and then he relisted it and then after opened a ticket.
Then i recieved something in the line of, that the seller didnt allow him to sell it to me for start (for whatever reason i wasnt given).

Then i was told, IF i would win the auction again, he would send me this info and that it would be fine.(??)

What i dont understand was what the problem was in the first place, as i've bought guitars from him before.

I am not claiming anything of "Wouaah hes a ripoff, dont buy from him" I just think the scenario itself is pissy and unfair.
I think its a valid reason, considering 1, we had dealt before, and was aware of that i would transfer via hi account.2) Why isnt it valid? Its not like i didnt want to pay for the bass, if not, i wouldnt have bothered emailing.
No need for name calling along the lines of my nationality. Maybe i should just quit this rant, but thats just my view on it :)

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 1:33 am 

well i did finally pick it up for $314 overall! you had me scared again at the last second mr.khorne!

the money is already outta my account and unless the the seller is a complete dbag the sale is final. i just wanna say mrkhorne that id feel for ya brother but doing those bids in the last 20 seconds of the auction both times made me DETERMINED to get it when it came up a 2nd time.

i will admit though the seller seemed very sketch about any buyouts or general info on that baby.

Anyways, happy hunting in the future you guys!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 3:05 am 

Hehe i understand , a good catch is a good catch, and when you're limited as a left handed, you tend to value those a bit more :lol:

Hope you enjoy the bass

I'll try hunting down some other bass, my current is a flipped over righty ESP M-IV, not as cool :)

Sorry if i sounded bitter to anyone

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 5:57 am 

dude, I'm not the trying to portray the "tough luck" guy at all, but all that you described was just someone who didnt pay...you did not say anything in here or your PM that you lived in xxx country and TJ wouldn't let you pay or you were waiting for a shipping quote from him and time ran out NOR that you bought stuff off of his store before etc...ranting can only be accomplished with all the facts of the story in place up front before the audience can give an objective reply.

And if I came off too harsh myself it was out of lack of information, that's all.

You are right, lefty jacksons are VERY hard to come by, and the 3 that I have were pretty expensive since others were trying to get them as well at the time, but don't be bitter, just take it as the one that got away because if I WANTED that Futura my high bid would have been 100.00 more than it ended at and ratt would not have had a chance either.

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE......Since your new to the board, where exactly do you live anyway that caused all this mess in the first place?

AND, Ratt, I guess I will be keeping the black model2 afterall..lol

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 1:40 pm 

I am sorry if i sounded a bit bitter and angry, nothing bad against TJ, i've bought a lefty Kramer focus 6000 from him, which is my favourite guitar :)

I live in Sweden, i suppose the reason why i buy online is mainly because that theres basicly nothing of interest, and as quick as they have some sort of "80s" stamp on them, they cost atleast 200% of what they do on ebay :)

I noticed that you had lots of charvels, i assume you like them alot :lol:

They feel a bit like Kramers sister company, quite alike and very lefty-friendly back in the 80s, compared to some labels :)

Let me know how the bass feels like once you get it ;)

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 2:49 pm 

MRK, I also didn't want to come off sounding like a dick either, especially now that you kinda explained what happened and where you are.
and you are correct anytime someone says vintage the foreigners get screwed over bad for prices.

Yes I do own and have owned a lot of Jackson stuff, and had no problem playing a flipped righty for a time like you do until I found "the one", which turned into the 3-4...lol but I play inverted strings like some of the other members here so it never bothered me and actually got a reputation bigger than my name around here as the lefty who played rightys and when I sell them off no mods were done in the first place so I box it up and ship it out.

I did find a Peavy BXP that I use here and there because the neck is nice to hold, the sound is really good for what it is if those are available over where you are. Image

( the red one in the background is an old 80's Series10 plywood bass from another member here so I could have a pair )

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 6:54 pm 

There's a black Series 10 on the 'bay now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Series-10-Elect ... 27c3be0cc3

PostPosted: February 21st, 2012, 8:33 pm 

oh wow another 89. I never look for that stuff, we leave that up to you PJ.
But a lot of us here always appreciate you surfing lefty-land for us :D
Typical 80's Korean lightweight plywood bass/junk hardware but when I swapped it all out? PERFECT
has a nice piece of wood for the neck.
( after it was repaired )

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 10:27 am 

Love that colour, supersexy!

I was actually going to bid on the Series 10 bass, saw it right after i heard you got the Jackson futura, will try my luck ;)

Didnt find any actual info on the bass (not anything from seller either) But looks like some late 80s work
But no point bidding days ahead i suppose hehe, will just raise the price more :)

Where do you find all your lefties?

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 10:46 am 

we are getting confused here... Ratt7980 just got that black Futura, I already have a red one which is also a 1994.

leftys in the US are plentiful on all price points.
ask the guy if he will ship out of the US before you bid. cause maybe you could get that thing for 50-60bucks and shipping which would still put it in the "ok cost for what it is" category.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 11:15 am 

I always ask before, of course, i got a positive reply

Your red futura looks ALOT alike my righty ESP bass from 89 :)

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2012, 11:41 am 

it's not red-red more metallic candyapple looking red. I also had a model4 and a JPB in the same "colo(u)r" << hahaha :lol:

PostPosted: February 27th, 2012, 10:14 am 

Well MRK, I just got the ebay notification that the black Series10 ended. I see 77 bucks which is good, but I would have no clue on how much he quoted you for shipment out of the USA.

( I'm assuming you won it since your the guy with zero feedback from the Futura auction? )

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 5:36 am 

well what do you know, the lefty series10 is back online from a "non-paying" bidder...same screen name same zero feedback as the Futura auction...

so suspicious.

AND RATT...where's all the pictures of the Futura?

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 3:00 pm 

well all bets are off, if anyone has MRKhorne bid on something -- cancel it right away WHY?
First the story about the Futura now this.
he won the series10 like I assumed then it had to be relisted....why?

here is a cut from the NEW listing on the series 10 ---
First time bidder did not pay, then they paid and wanted it shipped to Sweden for $30. <<<

I have chatted with this seller as well and am waiting for him to tell me his ebay screen name..... :lol:

PostPosted: March 5th, 2012, 10:09 pm 

I can't believe I read this whole thread...My head hurts. :?

PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 12:14 am 

Yeah! What a clusterf**** in pointy-headstockville!