LeftyBassist.com

The online home for southpaw bassists.
It is currently May 12th, 2024, 2:24 am

Post subject: Pedulla ET5
PostPosted: September 29th, 2010, 10:43 pm 

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/1972354928.html

Post subject: Re: Pedulla ET5
PostPosted: September 30th, 2010, 7:24 am 

I bet $$ on it that that is our board member, bbl's (Geoff's) old bass. It was the fretless converted to fretted. I contacted the seller but have not confirmed yet. He is in Oakland so its probably him.
$2,000.00 - What a profit he would be making at the sell price. :?

PostPosted: September 30th, 2010, 3:16 pm 

Confirmed it is Geoff's old Pedulla. It's a nice bass but one thing to note, it was a fretless converted to fretted. It was a good conversion but just making a note here. The side dots are a little of and the dots that were off were darkened and new dots were put in. The thundergut switch is a really cool proprietary tone on these basses. I am not gonna say what Geoff (aka bbl) sold it for..... Ill leave it to him to ping in......

PostPosted: September 30th, 2010, 4:51 pm 

I doubt he is going to sell it or even get a response at that price...It is not even listed correctly the only key word is "lefthanded" it does not pull up with "lefty" "left-handed" or "left handed". I am not even sure how I stumbled onto it, maybe spacing out on all the new listings.
Plain delusional wishful thinking.

PostPosted: October 1st, 2010, 7:48 am 

Well... here's the original "For Sale" thread in case anyone is interested.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=291

The pics are gone, but there's some good info in there.

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: October 1st, 2010, 12:20 pm 

Hey, if he gets $2000, more power to him. :D History - I paid $1700 used. Then I sold it for $1400 in the down economy.

Yes, the fretjob is aftermarket, but it's a good job. And therefore it has no front inlays, which I always prefer.

Not sure if I still have pics of it, but if I find them, I'll post them up here. The bass growls like crazy and has a great, dark J tone. And that low B was fairly articulate, as I recall.

Geoff

PostPosted: October 4th, 2010, 3:47 pm 

Hello to all,
I am the owner of the Pedulla ET 5 that I was asking $2,000.00 for it what some people don,t understand before passing judgement about a bass is well in my case I have had my pro-setup guy do some work on the bass ! so I put more money into it to make it even better ! but it seems some people are only intrested in trying to pick apart someone selling a lefty at a price based on what they think they know !
how would they know what I have done to the bass ! I listed my phone number in my add as always ! and said to give me a call if someone where intrested then we could talk about what I had done to the bass ! how much it cost as I have all the reciept,s for all work that has been done ! I am shocked to hear some of the things I have heard hear ! I don,t attack people about selling thing,s but I make sure I get all the info 1st before making a comment I in fact talked to a gent about this bass and cannot believe what I have read ! after hearing this he did not even ask me about the price or give me a chance to let him know what I have had done to the bass to make it right again ! to be honest all he said was did you buy this bass from Geoff !!! well did it use to be a fretless I said yes nothing to hide hear !!!! he then said well I don,t want it !!! I said kool life is still good hear as I know this person and they know me I am offended !!! he does not have to worry I have 3 solid offers on the bass thanks for his help with that because of the close and many people who know me and trust me !!! I am one of the good lefty guys hear I don,t mash on other people but what can you say freedom of speech right I have a lot of great lefthanded bass,s I will be selling and I have enough friends in the music industry !!! to sell my bass,s or I just could keep them all !!!! and not have to go through BS I thought we where all friends hear !!! but you learn something new each day !!!! I am glad that I don,t have to sell any bass of mine and I sure don,t live my life by cheating people !!!! I will think about calling this person as I have there phone number !!! to ask them why would you say the things you did about me ? you know I am very,very,very honest !!!!!

PostPosted: October 4th, 2010, 4:18 pm 

Bobby (aka funkplayer) was referring to me and I am sorry if this was taken the wrong way. I just spoke with him. Bobby is a good guy from my past experience and discussions and I have zero offense to him or his sale. I apologize if this was taken as bashing because it was not meant that way. I don't even know what the upgrades are that had changed his price. The bass in all honesty was a killer fretted conversion and played like butter. I loved it, could barely put it down but walked due to decisions. Geoff then sold it the next day to Bobby.

-> $2,000.00 - What a profit he would be making at the sell price. <- I believe this is all I said on this link that could have been taken as bad. If this was meant toward me, my sincere apologies for your listing and i'll be more careful with my wordings next time. A little rule with listings tho is put more info in your listing. There are a lot of people here on the board that will scrutinize the listings..... :?

PostPosted: October 6th, 2010, 3:10 am 

I don't see why this guy is offended, must be a cultural difference from across the pond... but I don't see why you need to appologize for giving information about the things you DO know, graves.
I think we are all pretty grown up here and are able to read between the lines and make up for ourselves that some modifications must have been done in order to ask such a price.

Point being, don't get so easily offended by stuff on the inet, if you sold this bass to someone and are able to justify the price you were asking, then good on you dude. Hope you had a smooth sale and such.

OT: I see this stuff happening quite a lot on this forum, where people feel the need to appologize for a sneer of some whitty remakr that's interpreted the wrong way. I'm not saying it's not the decent thing to do, but don't drag it out...

And as Mike says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Disclaimer: Above posted Tube link should be interpreted as a joke. :P

Just my european two cents.