It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 1:36 am

Post subject: Lefty Lakland 5 on eBay
PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 12:16 pm 

BOOOIIIING!
:D
http://cgi.ebay.com/LEFTY-LAKLAND-55-94 ... _500wt_947

Post subject: Re: Lefty Lakland % on eBay
PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 12:26 pm 

Pretty! Looks a lot like the 55-94 that Addison of this board had refinished by Pat Wilkins.
I wanted to compare them, but apparently Addison has taken his pics offline?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1442

Post subject: Re: Lefty Lakland 5 on eBay
PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 2:13 pm 

Yep... looks like the same one to me!

Especially since that color isn't a "standard" Lakland color... it was a special request from me to Pat when I got it refinished.

I don't have the same webserver where i used to store all my photos, so all the old links are broken... but, it was also up for sale at The Low End if you want to compare pics.

http://www.thelowend.net/gallery/viewtopic.php?t=4975

I traded it straight across for a bass I had to have and then it ended up at the Low End. I think that The Low End had it listed quite low for some reason... so, I'm not sure if the guy is trying to profit from a nicely priced bass, or if he really doesn't like it and is now selling it for a price that's a little more in-line with what it's worth.

I do think his price is fair... it's probably what I would have sold it for had I gone through eBay. It's an AWESOME bass... only 8.25 lbs and it's a tone monster. The case was the old kick-ass G&G case and it came with the original Bart electronics and preamp with the two midrange dipswitches and the coil switch for the MM p'up.

The only reason why I got rid of it is because I'm on a "vintage" kick these days... I'm ALL about J-basses right now and pretty much everything else is getting the boot. In fact, I might be selling my Lakland JoBo 5 soon... the ONLY reason is because I want to get another 5 string j-bass with a 4+1 headstock. That's how stupid I am sometimes. :lol:

If you guys have any specific questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them.

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4

PostPosted: September 9th, 2010, 11:49 pm 

Addison wrote:
In fact, I might be selling my Lakland JoBo 5 soon...

If you're talking about the black one here, please let me know when you do! :shock:
That bass has been haunting me eversince it was first listed on eBay, still red, and I missed out on it. And it has been haunting me even more eversince it was refinished in black. What a gorgeous bass!

PostPosted: September 10th, 2010, 7:49 am 

Nope... it's the other one! (There are only two legit lefty "Joe Osborn" signature 5'ers known to exist.)

Here it is:

I basically went after the full-on 1960 stack-knob vibe... translucent butterscotch blond (it's hard to tell from the pic, but you can see the wood grain), swamp ash body, slab rosewood board with birdseye maple dots, fralin p'ups, stack knob electronics.

Carl Pedigo did the fretwork on it... kind of an interesting story, but yeah... talked to him on the phone before he started on it.

It was originally ordered as a passive instrument, so there is NO battery route on the back (Yay!)... however, I also have a J-Retro preamp that I ordered directly from Lakland that can be used as well... I'll more than likely sell them both as a package.

Anyway... it frikkin ROCKS... and sounds absolutely AMAZING... especially in a live setting... I'm just thinking I want to finally go for a 34" scale Sadowsky or an Alleva Coppolo with a 70's vibe... I'm kind of set right now in the 35" scale killer 5-string Jazz department... I need to diversify! :lol:

I dunno... I'm still tossing around the idea... it's about as bad-ass as they come... I usually don't part with basses I know I'll regret later, and I've been hung up on this decision for several months.

:?

F Bass BN5 • ZON Legacy Elite 5 • ZON Sonus Elite 5 Fretless • ZON Sonus BG5 • Fender Custom Shop '64 NOS Jazz • Fender Custom Shop '75 NOS Jazz • Fender ADE Precision • Music Man SR4