Post subject: Red Kiesel Vader 5er -- $1,500 GC
PostPosted: November 30th, 2020, 6:27 am 

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-St ... -Guitar.gc

Attachments:
Kiesel.jpg
Kiesel.jpg [ 218.56 KiB | Viewed 2277 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Red Kiesel Vader 5er -- $1,500 GC
PostPosted: November 30th, 2020, 7:30 am 

Has anyone tried one of these, or have some input on headless basses in general?

I bought a 4-string short scale Vader used from GC a bit ago and ended up returning it. It just had sort of an empty, hollow sound, especially when digging in. It was my first time owning both a headless and short scale bass, so I was curious if that feeling could have been attributed to one or the other, of it was a fluke on that specific bass.

Not particularly interested in that one, just curious to hear some other experiences.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2020, 1:49 pm 

I've got a Roscoe headless/fretless LG 5 stringer. It's a killer bass, nothing hollow about it at all. I only mention this as I believe Kiesel uses Hipshot hardware, as do Roscoe. However they are not identical parts between brands. Both the Kiesel and Roscoe hardware bits are spec'd a bitt differently IIRC.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2020, 12:33 pm 

I picked up a used 4 string Kiesel Vader a few months ago. Truthfully, if I hadn't gotten it for a song I may have passed, as other than a slight curiosity it wasn't exactly on my bucket list originally. I have to say, it's an amazing bass. Light as a feather, and incredibly easy to play with a tight, punchy and unique tone that cuts through the mix wonderfully. The neck has sort of an odd taper to it, as it has a very flat radius/narrow neck but gets very chunky and wide up passed the 12th fret, but I got used to it and it's one of those basses I rarely make mistakes on when I play it.

If you can grab one for a good price, do it.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2020, 10:22 pm 

I own a Kiesel Zeus 5 string 2018. I won it in an auction on eBay and it had a neck issue (or should I say a truss rod pushing the back of the neck issue). I contacted Kiesel on warranty issue and they took care of me. Maybe it was timing. :)
The bass is killer and has a thin profile neck. If you want something light and fits in a guitar gig bag these are killer.
They play like butter and quality control is pretty good on them. I'll post a pic when I can find them on my phone. Currently its stored where I can't get to it.

This red vader listed is cool. I like the red blocks and ebony board. That's all upgrades BTW so the price is only a "little" steep. Also it appears to be the passive 3 knob model.